Avinash Tiwary is an Indian actor and producer. He came into the limelight after playing the role of ‘Majnu’ in the film, “Laila Majnu.”
Avinash Tiwary was born on Thursday, 15 August 1985 (age 35 years; as in 2020) in Gopalganj, Bihar. His zodiac sign is Leo. His family relocated to Mumbai while Avinash was still a child.
Avinash was inclined towards acting from a very young age. He did his schooling and college studies from Mumbai. Avinash gave up his engineering degree and got himself enrolled in Barry John’s acting studio to pursue a course in acting. Thereafter, he went to the New York Film Academy to learn acting.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Avinash Tiwary belongs to a Brahmin Family.
Parents & Siblings
His father is an IRS Officer. Not much is known about his mother. He has one elder sister, Swati Tiwary.
Avinash Tiwary started his acting career in 2006 with the documentary, “Anamika: Her Glorious Past.” Next, he appeared in many documentaries and short films.
In 2014, Avinash made his television debut by playing the role of ‘Advocate Ajatshatru’ in the TV series, “Yudh.”
He made his film debut in 2017 with the Hindi film, “Tu Hai Mera Sunday.”
He rose to fame by playing the role of ‘Majnu’ in the film, “Laila Majnu.”
Subsequently, he featured in films like “Ghost Stories,” “Bulbbul,” and “The Girl on the Train.”
Avinash has also featured in the TV commercial of Mother Dairy.
- Book: The Elephant Vanishes by Haruki Murakami
- Films: Gangs of Wasseypur (2012), The Dark Knight Trilogy (2005), Before Sunset (2004)
- TV Shows: Ek Aangan Ke Ho Gaye Do, In the Moment
- Singers/Musicians: Niladri Kumar, Amartya Rahut, Geet Sagar, Shweta Pandit
- Sports Persons: Lauren Fisher, Jwala Gutta, Lazar Angelov, Kris Gethin
- His hobbies include playing football, travelling, and reading books.
- Avinash is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.
- Tiwary is very particular about his fitness and visits the gym daily.
- Avinash is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog, Major.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- During an action scene in the film ‘Yudh,’ Avinash accidentally hit Amitabh Bachchan on his head.